A working day in the Ursus tractor factory. Shots of workers alternate with those of a management meeting. The factory cannot meet its production quotabecause there is ashortage of equipment, parts, and so on. Papers are sent out, licences are applied for, numerous meetings held, but there seems to be no way out of the vicious netvork of misunderstandings and bureaucracy - the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. As one of the board members says:'the bureaucracy in this country hampers any solution'. Yet the workers still have to meet their quota.
- Director: Krzysztof Kieslowski
- Cinematography: Stanislaw Niedbalski, Jacek Tworek
- Editor: Maria Leszczynska
- Sound: Malgorzata Jaworska
- Production manager: Halina Kawecka
- Production company: WFD
35mm black and white - 17 mins 14 Secs